Sunday, February 15, 2015

A note for Christian parents

Philippians 3:8-9 
   "What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith."

As Christian parents our temptation is to base our children's upbringing in the programs and practices of Christianity vs the priority of relationship that Christ offers to daily 1) free us from the consequences of sin, 2) walk with us in the stuff of life and 3) protect us from the oppression of the enemy. 

Without recognizing it, we teach children morality vs relationship and wonder why our children pursue their own identity apart from the church when they leave home.  Trust Christ!! Where we are is where our Lord has placed us and is not surprised by our location, where we are found. 

No comments:

Post a Comment