Thursday, February 13, 2014

For Men

February 13, 2014

For Men:  (by my favorite guest writer)

Fred is attending a 4 week Men's Study called "Authentic Manhood." The volume introduces God’s clear design for Authentic Manhood. Each man will discover a Biblical definition of manhood, learn the four “faces” of manhood and also learn how to anticipate and transition through the specific seasons of life.

The goal of the study is to 1) reject passivity, 2) accept responsibility, 3) lead courageously, 4) invest eternally.

 The four faces of manhood are:

  KING: leading with integrity, righteous energy, love truth and what is right

  WARRIOR: fighting for what matters most

  LOVER: tender care for others, engage emotionally, share his heart

  FRIEND: loyalty, accountability, connection, pursue character building relationships

All the men at my table (8) said they do not currently have a friend relationship for the development and support of the FRIEND characteristics.  For 14 years of my life while raising our family, I had a weekly meeting with a genuine friend.  I could be real with him and we held each other accountable to God and our families.  We supported each other in prayer.  This was life-giving for me and I highly recommend you prioritize finding someone like this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment