Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Living Love - a blog, why?

For some time now I've thought about starting a blog about marriage and the lessons, tips we've learned along the way.  I have an earnest desire to turn around and invest in those who come behind me (us).  I enjoy daily life in the home so this blog will have some posts about that.  It will also have some brutal honesty about marriage and it's two biggest challenges - sex and money.  My greatest desire is to honor the reputation of Christ in my life so faith will also be addressed and the Bible's nurture and conviction of my soul.

February 12, 2014
            I John 4:10-11 is my current conviction.  "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.  Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."
This cuts me to the core!!  God loved and gave!  I say I love but give criticism or condemnation vs life and encouragement.  Could it be that those who don't love God in my world are most influenced by my "love" for those closest to me?  Do they hear my words and say, "how can the love of God be in you"?  Oh Lord, show me my heart as you see it.  Help me to meditate more and more on your love that the words of my mouth might reflect the meditation of my heart and please you AND draw those around me to know of your unconditional sacrificial love.

I'll admit, I'm a bit nervous about putting myself "out" there so will probably tread carefully in who I share this with.  I can be too honest, opinionated and forthright at times so will attempt to keep it tempered.   However, I appreciate honest dialogue so will attempt to not be over sensitive.  May the Lord bless you and keep you, may the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're writing this blog! Thanks for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete