Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Meal prep - BBQ style



My daughter Michelle is due with her first child within 8 weeks!!  How exciting is that?!!  She would like to stock her freezer before baby comes so we are gearing up for a month of freezer meal prep day this Saturday. 
 
 
That has a lot more detail than this but I thought I'd share my latest little trick to fast meal prep having the bbq'er in the house help!


Last week while shopping at Costco, Fred and I decided we would buy meat to bbq vs. meat to put in casseroles etc.  We found pork loin chops and pre-thin sliced carne asade beef round meat for just about $3 a pound.  I brought it home, found three sauces I thought I could build a meal around and started bagging!  The pork was a little thick so I sliced those in half.  It's not unusual for us to have company so some bags have 4 pieces of meat vs. 2.  All told, I have 40 pieces of meat for $40.  I didn't think a $ per serving was bad, the meat is marinated and Fred can help bbq while I make the salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment