Sunday, March 9, 2014

EASY Parmesan Bake

Enroute from Wenatchee to home yesterday I found out the family was coming to our house for dinner....so, I begin trying to remember what was in the freezer.  After switching from one idea to another I decided on Chicken Parmigiana.  I was going to cook pasta to put the chicken and sauce over......
When I went for my recipe card to see what was needed for breading etc., I found this recipe from my daughter-in-love Justina.

I thought, whew!  Less oil, less time, let's do this!  We still served it over pasta which made some at the table wish there was more sauce so next time I would double the marinara but I would also leave the croutons (maybe crushed a bit) and last layer of cheese until the last 10 minutes or so.  Last night they seemed to soak in some of the marinara sauce.

Easy and good!!

Thanks Justina!  You know how I never seem to make something the same twice so I appreciate the good idea for a TWEAK!  Love you, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment