Monday, March 31, 2014

Love, Marriage, Baby Carriage

BRIDE & BABY BRUNCH - Saturday morning, cooking for 40, I said to Fred, "I'm glad we're only doing this once!"  Jaclyn and Michelle decided that since the wedding and baby's due date were only 3 days apart and they each were planning the other's shower; they would just have them together!

It was a great time - beautiful and every seat occupied.  Thank you Jodi Perez for letting us use your home!!  Thank you Justina Slonaker, Nicole Andrews, Erica McCarthy, Jessica Sandros & Diane Karenko for all your help with setup and clean up!!  Thank you so much to all the family, friends and co-workers who blessed my girls with your presence, gifts and well wishes....



Seating for 36

.

 


It did take awhile to open all these gifts!  Beautiful!




 
At each table was a breakfast casserole, plate of sticky buns and a fruit salad.  Recipes below:

I love this recipe!  I can half or double or triple.  I can freeze ahead and thaw overnight on the counter.  I can add spinach, I can use rehydrated potatoes, I can change out the sausage for ham or bacon.

EASY BUBBLE RING from Tami Slonaker
1 loaf of Rhode's bread dough, thawed and chunked (about 30 from one loaf)  Spray a bundt pan
 ½ a 3 oz. butterscotch pudding mix (cook and serve/not instant)  Sprinkle over bread.
 Melt ½ c. butter and mix with ½ c. brown sugar.  Pour over rolls.  
 Sprinkle w/ cinnamon. Cover with saran wrap.  Let rise overnight. 
 Bakes 350 for 15-20 min. 
 Invert while hot and drizzle w/ pwd sugar icing.  

She has used vanilla pudding and white instead of brown sugar, sprinkled with orange peel and used orange extract in the icing.

This is also called monkey bread, pudding rolls, vulture rolls and has a lot of variations in cookbooks.  I used homemade whole grain dough for the rolls at the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment