Thursday, March 6, 2014

Finish Strong!!

March 6, 2014

This morning, as I finish up three days of early mornings, intense conversation and detailed training I find myself struggling to want to get going!!

It reminds me of my daughter finishing one job before diving completely into a new one and my son and his wife in their final year of doctoral education.  These can be trying times.  Moments, days and months where persistence and commitment and perspective are so helpful to plodding through the steps taken to FINISH STRONG!!

Here is some inspiration I received this morning:
        Philippians 3:12-14 "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.  But one thing I do:  Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." 
        2 Timothy 2:15  "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."
       
By the way, glory be to God!!  He is the Victor in the particular situation in which I've been participating.  He has moved before and offered opportunities for the team involved to respect and meld together as they go forward.  Praise be to the Lord for His faithfulness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment