Saturday, March 8, 2014

Refrigerated Bread Dough - an update!!

On February 20, 2014 I posted a how and why to "simple" whole grain bread, dough, etc

Last week I used "portions" right out of the frig to make dinner rolls!  I treated  each roll like the loaf in the recipe, pulling the corners of each 1 1/2" glob down to the bottom and tucking underneath. I placed them next to each other in greased glass and stoneware pans. 

I covered the pans with plastic wrap and placed the pans on the shelf above my oven to rise. This was a warm place (I was also baking cupcakes). After 2 1/2-3 hrs the rolls were ready to bake. I did not glaze or slit the tops. I baked at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes with the pan of water also in the oven. Keep your eye on them, you don't want to over bake but you sure don't want to under bake either. 

Here is a picture of the finished result!!  We sliced open and covered with sweet and sour pulled pork (leftover from Josh's birthday). 

*other ways to provide a warm place.  Tucked between the sheets of a water bed. In a vented oven that has been on and is now off. On top of a covered crock pot that is cooking. 




No comments:

Post a Comment